Thursday, December 8, 2011

How to Be Happy

What happens when the life you had planned for yourself isn't exactly turning out to be what you expected? At the very least you have a sense of disappointment in yourself and everything around you. It is something I'm currently going through, and see people everywhere are in the same boat. Think back to when you were a kid. How did you see your life as an adult? I'm sure at the core of every one of our childhood visions for our future was being happy. I've slowly began to realize that happiness is a state of mind. It doesn't just happen. You have to want to be happy and believe that you are. If you've ever read "The Secret", you know that I'm about to go into the law of attraction. You have to believe that what you want is already yours. No negativity, no cynicism, no crying. 


I don't really have much more to say about this because I'm currently exploring how to remain positive during trying times. I'd appreciate hearing people's feedback on this subject. Have you practiced what you've read in "the secret?" Has it worked for you? How do you overcome negative emotions? I'd love to know and I'm sure others would as well. 


"If you’re going through hell, keep going."

3 comments:

  1. I live by "The Secret" and people think I'm nuts for it. But what you put out in the universe is exactly what you get. If you walk around dressing to impress and acting like you are the hot shit....that is exactly what the universe will perceive and people will start treating you with more class and more dignity/respect. You will tend to intimidate people a little bit more.

    Anywho...that is just my perception...I feel it works. Don't let people see you feeling so disappointed. My perception was that Sasha was doing fabulous and was a very accomplished young woman...with a Masters from a top notch school and high aspirations....My feelings still are that you will be able to do whatever you want...as long as u try. Don't give up. This posting seems like you want to give up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been OK. It's really just taking in everything that's going on and trying to put a positive spin on it without going crazy. I'm not giving up I just want to know how some people do it without feeling like they've already failed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never read "The Secret", but to me is all about your mindset, the way you think. Don't be negative, but do realize that very rarely things will go the way you want them to. You have to know how to adapt and overcome whatever it is that's going on. Another way i get through things, my philosophy on life, Regret Nothing. When you take time to dwell on what could've, should've, you taking steps back. Didn't happen? fuck it, move on. My life is good, and i didn't plan it this way. can it be better? yes it can. Is it even close to what i dreamed? Nope! but that's OK cause its been a lot worse....

    ReplyDelete